Thursday, March 10, 2011

I love you once, I love you twice...

I love you chicken soup with rice.


Maurice Sendak wrote a great Book of Months titled Chicken Soup with Rice, as well as our beloved Where the Wild Things Are. 
It has also become a dinner staple around here. Every time I ask Gracie what she wants for supper her answer is "chicken soup with rice." To which I reply... "I love you once, I love you twice, I love you chicken soup with rice!"


After cooking our leftover roasted chicken in the slow cooker overnight and into the morning during art class, we now have a succulent chicken broth. I took out the chicken bones this afternoon and then added:

2 chopped fennel bulbs
2 cups of baby carrots
2 cups of rinsed brown rice (added for the last hour)
a dash more of herbs de provence
and served with chopped fennel fronds on top

SO easy and so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment