Monday, August 23, 2010

I Shot the Sheriff

I almost shot the sheriff today (but not the deputy) for scaring me half to death.

He pulled up and stopped in front of our house which is my BIGGEST fear in the world. Unfortunately, ten years ago, the sheriff came to my door in the middle of the night to tell me that my dad had passed away, so now, thanks to a little PTSD, every time I see that car I think they are coming to tell me that my husband has been in an accident. Kind of like in the movies when the army vehicle is pulling into the driveway and the parents start screaming because they know that they are coming with bad news in a time of war.

I frantically called Ryan and got his voicemail. The car then pulled away. By the time I reached him, the sheriff was pulling back up to ask me for directions and I have never been so thankful to hear Ryan's voice.

There is nothing like the fear of death to make you truly appreciate your husband coming home at the end of the day.

That hug felt amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment