Thursday, April 19, 2012

In The Garden :: A New Planting Guide


 




We like to grow biointensively here at the coffee cottage. AKA we plant more seeds and plants than most would suggest and we therefore have less sunlight (and weeds) between plants and a much higher yield. I created this handy planting guide out of a yardstick to help with planting spaces so I don't have to pull out the book and look at the master charts everytime I plant. And honestly, I plant even closer sometimes. I highly recommend the technique and a great guide is the book How to grow more vegetables (than you ever thougth possible on less land than you can imagine)










1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great book. I'll have to check it out. We pack in as much as we can here too. And this year we're trying out a no-till approach -which is very new for us. Loving the new blog header too. Fun to mix it up with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete