Tuesday, October 5, 2010

No-Bake (One-Handed) Cookies

Maybe it is a southern thing but I grew up with these cookies. As soon as I was old enough to cook on the stove, my girlfriends and I would make these delicious no-bake cookies. So when Gracie was down for a nap today and I had Emily nursing on my left arm (well, she was nursing and I was holding her with my left arm) I wondered if I could make these using only one hand. Guess what? You can! Perfect mommy afternoon treat. So I made a little mess but I can clean that up later when I have two hands again.

Do you have any recipes that are one-handed? It will come in handy over the next couple of months. Feel free to share in the comments section.


In a sauce pan combine:
2 cups sugar (maybe less next time, these were a bit sweet)
1 stick butter
4+ Tsps cocoa (I used Scharffen Berger)
1/2 cup milk

after it has boiled for one minute add:
3 cups oats
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup+ peanut butter

use a 2tsp melon baller (if attempting this with one hand) to scoop onto wax paper or a silpat
let cool until hardened ~45 minutes

store in the freezer, in a ziploc so you don't eat them all in one sitting
or sit down on the couch, nurse your baby and eat as many as you please

No comments:

Post a Comment