Sunday, October 10, 2010

Ten Things

10.10.10

Ten things that I am thankful for today:

1. Ryan :: After 13 years, I love him more than ever. I really like him as a person too. Plus did you see that picture of him making a cappuccino while wearing Emily? H.O.T.

2. Home :: Our little cottage in the redwoods is such a peaceful sanctuary but in silicon valley. I am so fortunate to live where I do. Near the city, near the beach, near so many amazing people and places that we will never tire of it.

3. Family :: My mom came out for three weeks when Em was born to help take care of Gracie, me and Ryan. She cooked, she cleaned, she played and played and played. I just wish she could have stayed longer. Ryan's parents came out too and Gracie had so much fun with them. She is already planning our next trips to AR and CO. I am also so thankful that I live near my Uncle Doug and Aunt Betty and our cousins S,S,D,D,K,R. We love them SO much!

4. Friends :: Ryan and I passed a great house in the city last weekend and dreamed about buying it. Then I said "I can't even think about moving away from my friends." To show you how amazing my girlfriends are...they are bringing us meals over the next month when Ryan goes back to work. So when Emily is non-stop nursing at 5 pm on, our family will have something to eat.

5. Gracie's Friends :: You can not imagine the deep love Grace has for her friends. Having kids is a great way to meet friends that have similar values and enthusiasm for life. We are so lucky to have extended our "family" here in the Bay area.

6. Sunshine :: The sun is shining into our house right now and making everything golden. The slanting sun this time of year seems to make everything more beautiful doesn't it? This weather is perfect!

7. Food :: On the weekends, we actually have to choose which farmers market we are going to go to because there are so many around here. Year round! And I still want to take pictures of the stalls of fresh fruits and vegetables, freshly baked bread, and artisan cheeses because they are so picture perfect not to mention delicious! It makes cooking so much fun.

8. Holidays :: I love this time of year for the anticipation and excitement that it brings. Planning a costume, thinking of the next delectable dish to bring to the family table, the magic of Santa. It is so much more fun now that we have little ones and we see the sparkle in there eyes.

9. My Job :: I could not have imagined how incredible it is to be a mom. Nor could I have imagined how lucky I am to get to be a full time mama. I get to explore, play, create, laugh, teach, learn and smile everyday with these little ones. It is hard work but it is so incredibly fun.

10. My Girls :: I still get choked up when I say "my girls." Even though Emily is only a couple of weeks old, I feel like I have always known her and that she has always been a part of this family. And my dear Gracie. She is my best friend and I am so lucky to get to be her mama. She is only three but she is the most amazing person I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment