Monday, October 18, 2010

Simple Supper :: Chile Relleno Casserole

My dad made this casselrole for me when I was a little girl. The original recipe used low fat versions and egg beaters but I like to make it full fat, especially these days when I am burning an extra 600+ calories.

I timed myself the other day to see how fast and how easy this meal can be. Nine minutes! All was prepped before naps so that at night when both girls need me, I can just turn on the oven and stove and have things ready with very little hands-on time. The girls both had a cold so they needed my hands more than dinner :-(

Preheat oven to 350
oil baking dish
Mix together
4 eggs
1 cup milk
1/3 cup flour
4 cans green chiles
4 cups (12 oz bag mexican blend) cheese
pour into dish and top with salsa or 8 oz tomato sauce and more cheese
bake 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment