Thursday, July 15, 2010

One of those days

Yesterday was one of those days. It started with Peet's (whose coffee I usually love) grinding our espresso too fine and it clogged our machine. So...no cappuccino. Silly I know, but just the beginning in a series of unfortunate events which include but definitely not limited to: running over a squirrel and looking into the rear view mirror to see it limping away, the washing machine's cold water clogging so I am filling the machine with a hose from outside, Gracie losing her naps which is one of the most challenging aspects in this motherhood adventure, the laser breaking and Ryan having to spend another night away, trying to locate him in the laser hall to at least give him a car to get home in the middle of the night but with a crying, tired toddler in the backseat. As I was waiting for him at the security gate ( the wrong one I might add) I actually had to get out of the car to take a breather from my own child.

Then, as I got back in she said "mama, I am sorry I made you upset."

We got out of the car. I held her tight. She put her head on my shoulder and we stared at a gorgeous crescent moon. A beautiful ending to a not so beautiful day.

2 comments:

  1. Well, we all have bad days but the sweetness of the child's embrace under a crescent moon moved me to tears. Can't decide if it was empathy or nostalgia for similar moments!

    ReplyDelete