Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kefir Popsicles


We love dessert. LOVE it. But our desserts are not typical desserts as Gracie really doesn't like things that are too sweet. I'm not kidding you...my child does not like sugar! She never eats typical birthday cakes at parties, great for me. She prefers Fraiche frozen yogurt over ice cream, great for me. She will eat cookies if they have more oats, nuts and cinnamon than sugar or flour, again...great for me!
So when Clover Farms Kefir was on sale at Roberts this week I bought every flavor. We usually only get plain but I knew it would be perfect for making our favorite summer/spring dessert...popsicles. This one is mango, orange, pineapple. Next: pomegranate, acai, strawberry

We bought BPA free molds at Whole Foods a couple of years ago similar to the ones I remember using when I was little, usually at my godfather's house. Scott and Catherine always filled these with juice for their boys but I like adding a bit of yogurt  or kefir. When I make a smoothie, the extra goes into a popsicle mold for a sweet surprise later. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment